Whip up this Paleo Dalgona coffee in a couple of minutes with only 3 ingredients and almond milk or your favorite dairy alternative.
We’ve turned this whipped coffee trend that’s gone viral on the Internet into a Paleo-friendly version using coconut sugar that tastes just as good, if not better.
If you’ve been spending time on social media lately, you’ve definitely seen the trending dalgona coffee that has become famous almost overnight. The term “dalgona coffee” was first started in South Korea, because the whipped coffee tastes like “dalgona”, which is a type of Korean honeycomb toffee.
This coffee cookbook is filled with healthy recipes and reveals the natural benefits of your morning brew.
Click here to get your FREE Coffee Book Today!
With an impossibly simple recipe of just a few ingredients, including instant coffee, this literally whips up in minutes. Use an electric beater (or a whisk if you don’t have an electric one), and beat the instant coffee, coconut sugar, and hot water together until it becomes one beautiful, light, creamy mixture that’s practically double in size and forms stiff peaks.
Fill up a glass ¾ of the way with almond milk and use a spoon to top it off with the whipped coffee. Sprinkle your favorite Paleo topping, we used coconut flakes. Now stir, drink, and enjoy your boost of whipped caffeine!
Helpful Tips To Get Started:
- How do you know when to stop beating? The secret to knowing when to stop beating the mixture is when you see stiff peaks start to form. Lift up the whisk attachment and, if the peaks don’t move or fall, that’s when it’s ready. If you’re using an electric beater, it shouldn’t take more than 2–3 minutes but, if you’re using a hand whisk, it might go up to 15 minutes.
- Use a granulated Paleo sugar substitute. If you decide to replace the coconut sugar with some other sweetener (such as monk fruit), make sure you use a granulated version of it or the coffee will not whip up and hold up well. For more on Paleo-friendly sugar alternatives, read The 7 Best Natural Substitutes for White Sugar.
Paleo Dalgona Coffee Recipe
- Electric beater
- 4 T instant coffee
- 4 T coconut sugar
- 4 T boiling water
- 1½ cups almond milk or other non-dairy milk
- Optional: Toasted coconut flakes for topping
- In a large bowl, combine the instant coffee, coconut sugar, and boiling water together.
- Using an electric beater, whip the mixture until it starts to get fluffy, expands in volume, and forms stiff peaks.
- Divide the almond milk equally between 2 glasses, and top with coconut flakes if you like. Enjoy!
Looking for Paleo ingredients? Here’s what we recommend:
Unsweetened, coconut flakes (Let’s Do…Organics)
You’ll Also Love: Amazingly Delicious Cashew Coffee (3-Ingredient)